So far, Nsik Motors Limited has recorded numerous landmark achievements, some of which are: -
• Restoration of the lost glory of Akwa Ibom Transport Company Limited (AKTC) through the acquisition of over 1000 brand new air conditioned buses for use in all its operational routes that cut across the entire Country.
• Direct employment of over 1000 persons cutting across all the states of the federation with attractive remuneration.
• Provision of free apprenticeship training to over 50 youths in various auto-technical skills yearly and payment of monthly stipends to the trainees.
• As a trail blazer, Nsik Motors Limited is the first transport Company in the country to operate a Drive-and-own empowerment scheme in which the driver becomes the owner of the vehicle after two years, of which the first batch of 50 beneficiaries were empowered and the buses keys given to them by the Executive Governor of Akwa Ibom State, Chief (Dr) Godswill Obot Akpabio (CON), represented by his then Deputy Engr. Patrick Ekpotu on 21st September, 2007 at the Akwa Ibom Transport Company Limited (AKTC) premises; from thence, it became a continuous process for deserving drivers.
• Also because of the need for total delivery of goods and services, the Company has been able to establish Nsik Express Delivery Company Limited, a courier delivery service which also handles haulage consignments for government establishments, corporate bodies and private individuals.
• Solely acquiring and facilitating the distribution of 100 units of tricycles (KEKE) for the empowerment of youths in Akwa Ibom State.
• Since Nsik Motors Limited became the major distributor of Jinbei brand of vehicles in Nigeria, Nsik Motors Limited has popularized the use and the economic values of Jinbei brand of vehicles/spare parts (exemplified by more than 90% of its operational buses in Akwa Ibom Transport Company Limited being Jinbei brand of buses) thereby enabling transporters to reduce their capital and operational expenses by using Jinbei brand of vehicles and spare parts.
The listed achievements and others have resulted in the yield of numerous awards and recognitions to Nsik Motors Limited, some of which include:-
• Overall best transport Company in the Niger Delta region, by the Niger Delta Media Coliseum in April, 2006
• The best transport organization in 2006 by RS6 Zonal Command of the Federal Road Safety Commission (FRSC)
• The best Transport Company in 2008 by Akwa Ibom State Government
• Recognition by TELL Communications Limited in its special report on result-oriented State-owned parastatal as being one of the 15 State owned parastatals in Nigeria with outstanding performance. It is worthy of note that Akwa Ibom Transport Company Limited (AKTC) – managed by Nsik Motors Limited – was the only transport Company in the federation listed in the special report.
• Recognition by the host community –Oku Clan as their best corporate benefactor since the inception of Akwa Ibom Transport Company Limited (AKTC)
• Business Crystal Catalogue Award of Excellence by Kaduna City, 2010
• Award of Excellence by the Nigerian Army College of Logistics as one of the best transport companies in Nigeria – 2010
• As a result of Nsik Motors Limited’s achievements, the Managing Director/CEO of Nsik Motors Limited, Mr. Nsikan Johnny was appointed as the pioneer Chairman Board of Trustees of Akwa Ibom Commercial Transport Stakeholders Association, an umbrella organization of all transports in Akwa Ibom State, an appointment which is still subsisting.
• Due to the exceptional spirit of Nsik Motors Limited in entrepreneurship, Akwa Ibom Icons Award, chose the company as Akwa Ibom Company of the year – 2019.